Divorce in Progress

Bookmark and Share


After years of posting about being a wife and mother, it feels a little odd posting as a mother only; however, in February of this year after being separated for almost three years, I filed for divorce.

If you've followed my blog, you know I'm a big be a "good wife" advocate. I've stressed the importance of being a loving, supportive, forgiving and patient wife and I've been all those things plus faithful and understanding. I could probably name a few more "good wife" character qualities I had, but none of it would make any difference now - my marriage is over.

Please don't feel bad or sad for me. I'm happy. It feels like I just got out of some type of sports tournament where I played my heart out and gave my all, yet still lost the game. The only difference is I don't feel like I lost - I won. I found the courage to walk away from a twenty-year marriage and start over with my head high and feeling free. I mention this in my latest book When All Hell Breaks Loose, but I don't go into details because that's the next book.

I'll be sharing more, but first I'm excited to share what is allowing me to financially support myself. I've started a wine business and I'm sharing it with women across the states to help us work towards financial independence. Failing is not an option for me...I have to make this work and I will.

If you're interested in more information after viewing my site here, please contact me.